Ideas on NPC creation!Many elements behind our most recent NPCs have been randomly generated, and here's how we do it!Ideas on NPC creation! by floraverse
1. We come up with a general story or direction we'd like our cities / events to go in, and we create several characters to fill those cities and events with.
2. We think about what each of those characters would do in the cities/events, what their roles are, what they offer to the story as a whole, etc. We pick a race here, too, based on what we'd think would be coolest or most impacting.
3. Now that we have several very basic ideas of what we want, we use Marnok's NPC generator, which can be found here: http://marnok.com/content/_adventure/101npcs.php
This gives us a randomly-generated list of 101 very basic ideas for NPC personalities every time we refresh. We'll come back to it in a minute.
4. We then go to http://www.random.org/
5. We count how many characters we've just created for our city/event/story, and we use random.org to select one for us.
|Every deviation I find inspiring, useful or extremely funny am I putting in my Favorites. I am pretty picky when it comes to Favorites, I add only the work that truly inspires me. And don't forget my stamp collection|
The Walls And The ShadowsTrapped.
No way out.
Solid brick -
A prison all around.
The shadows crawl,
Get me out!
But no one comes.
I sit alone
and the dark
That can save me
90: DreamerShe told me I was a dreamer
And I ignored it
As if it were a butterfly in a garden
But now I look back
From where I stand
It was dreams that led me to where I stand now
Kepirian Egg (Part 1)--Lexy's POV--
I walk back into my room after a long day at the School House. Looking as my roomate immediately crawls back into the rack and turns his back to me and puts his earbuds in. I unlock my secretary and pull down the door, seeing a black and blue egg sitting on top of my laptop. Shocked, I sit in my chair and gaze wondrously at the strange egg. After 5 minutes of admiring it, I get up out of my chair and go to the fridge. Opening it, I grab some water and a NOS. Walking back over to the egg, I sit back down, pull the tab on the can of NOS and take a sip. I reach out with my other hand towards the egg, slowly, my hand growing slightly warm. I touch the egg and am hit with a strange feeling.
I quickly retract my hand and look at it, I can see a slight blue pulse and what looks like a blue current running through my hand and arm, quickly spreading throughout my whole body. My body tingles as I jump up and climb up onto my rack and lay down. I close my eyes as I shake, but not f
hone the blade
ignite the fumes
swallow the pills
pull the trigger
leap into the abyss
tie the Hangman's coil
though you are
you have yet
you may have
lost many battles
you have not
lost the war
you might have
you can still
you will still tumble
down the road of life
you are still
you are not
And something is
better than anything
Hello, I'm Snashyle. Well, that's not my real name, you could have guessed that. My real name is Saskia, but |
CRITIQUE ME! No, I mean it. I'm here to inprove, so please say it when you think I should change something in my works. Don't be as shy as I am! Tell me if you like it and tell me if you hate it. That's the only way we can learn something from it.
Thanks for your visit! Hope you like my stuffs, please tell me if that's the case.